Department: Executive Director Supervisor: VP of Operations Exempt/Nonexempt: Exempt
Overview: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation of the facility including budgeting, staffing, administrative and regulatory compliance. The Executive Director is an active member of the facility’s Leadership Team.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in health care administration, business administration or nursing administration. Must fulfill and maintain Nursing Home Administrator’s licensure requirements for the State of Iowa. Must have good verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to read and analyze financial reports and legal documents.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties are determined by Cedar Ridge Village’s needs and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide supervision and administration of quality nursing care and directs the hiring and training of personnel in order to provide excellent resident care
- Maintain control and direct all facility financial concerns, such as budget planning, accounting and establishing rates for health care services in conjunction with Pivotal Health Care. Negotiate for maintenance, improvement of and additions to facility building(s), grounds and equipment
- Establish and direct overall operation of the facility’s activities, both internal and external, insuring compliance with established national, state and local standards for health care facility operation
- Set the tone and atmosphere of the facility
- Maintain current licensure requirements through ongoing training and education from a variety of sources
- Supervise and evaluate the work of all subordinate staff
Planning and Time Utilization:
- Demonstrate the ability to set and establish priorities
- Manage time efficiently
Attendance and Reliability:
- Does not abuse or take advantage of time off
- Always provides proper notice in advance of absence
- Be available to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner
- Maintains a well-groomed professional appearance
Physical, sensory and cognitive requirements:
|Physical requirements of this position:|
|Lift and carry||10-25 lbs||Frequently|
|Lift||Over 50 lbs||Occasionally|
|Reach above shoulder height||Frequently|
|Reach at & below shoulder height||Occasionally|
|Push/Pull||Up to 50 lbs||Occasionally|
|Sit, stand, walk||Combined & intermittent throughout the shift|
|Twist, bend, crawl, squat, kneel, crouch||Combined & intermittent throughout the shift|
|Hand manipulation: grasp, handle, torque, finger on controls & equipment||Frequently|
|Hear, talk, see, taste, smell||Constantly|
|Mental and emotional stress||Potential vulnerability|
Summary of Potential Occupational Exposures:
|Blood borne pathogens||Potential direct contact with:|
|Blood, urine, feces, vomitus|
|Misc. office and cleaning chemicals|
|Specific Tasks Creating Potential Exposure:||General resident care and interaction|
|Exposure to temperatures||Moderate|
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
Pivotal Health Care Campuses are tobacco-free campus including but not limited to electronic cigarettes.
The Pivotal Health Care family of companies is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Fill out this form and attach your resume. Thank you!